Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Carrots

In the short time I have been making felt food, I have come to realize that there are two distinct styles.

Hand-sewn: with the decorative stitches showing (so cute!)
&
Machine-sewn: with nice clean lines (since the stitches are on the inside)

Both have a wonderful place in the world of felt food!

I decided to try a project done almost entirely on a sewing machine and found these great felt carrots from i make stuff.


Carrot Tutorial

Machine sewing was much faster for me than hand sewing and I was able to make each carrot in about 15 minutes!

I tried a couple different carrot tops and a couple different colors of green... now I will have to decide which is my favorite!



1 comment:

  1. oh, i am loving how the greens look on the top carrot!

    ReplyDelete