Monday, March 8, 2010

Doughnut

What better way to start a Monday morning than with a doughnut....



I used the template on Skip to My Lou to cut out the frosting, but I found the doughnut template was too small compared to the frosting, so I traced a CD instead.

I love the look of the blanket stitch for "baked goods" so I used it to attach the frosting to the top doughnut piece.

I then used my sewing machine to sew the two brown doughnut pieces together inside out.

Next I flipped it right-side out and used the blanket stitch on the middle to close the doughnut up.

I stopped a few stitches from the end and stuffed it full. I think it is pretty cute!




Small Sale Alert...



I found these felt colors clearanced at Walmart for $0.10 each instead of the normal $0.25 (or $0.29 at Jo-Ann and Michaels). I used the brown and pink for my doughnut and picked up some yellow for a future banana. Hopefully they have the clearance at your Walmart too!

3 comments:

  1. way!!! all is beautiful!
    Best rewargds from Spain.
    waynena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog! I love to make felt food and keep trying to make new things, just have to find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never know that there is such a name(felt) for this art form.

    ReplyDelete